Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wednesday, Nov. 14th.
Rosa Dunn, KSLU Radio - I am surrounded by cheerful, efficient people who know what they're doing and help me muddle through. Rosa, interviewing me about Secuestro is a real pro. Sitting next to me, patting my shoulder and saying "it's going to be all right. you'll do okay," is another pro, Mary Pirosko. I am so blessed. Rosa read the entire book and had four legal pages of notes. She knew more about the story than I could recall, because once I'm through with something, I wipe it out of my mind, since I have limited brain space. I wrote Secuestro in 2010, the publishing process began in 2011, the actual book came out November 2012. Publishing business is slow. How they ever function in the real live business world, I have yet to figure out.
The book about a kidnapping is divided into seven days of captivity. Rosa said she almost quit reading after a particularly harrowing scene on Day Three, but was so caught up in the adventure she couldn't stop. She was very complimentary about Secuestro and I am grateful. Y'know there's so many books out there, I'm always touched when somebody reads my baby and likes it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment